Enjoy the ultimate Belmond Royal Scotsman experience with our classic Scottish Highlands tour, travelling through some of the country's finest scenery
Travel north, crossing the Firth of Forth via the magnificent Forth Railway Bridge.
Enjoy a leisurely afternoon tea as you pass Arboath, Montrose and Aberdeen before arriving in Keith. Informal dinner and entertainment in the Observation Car.
Leave Keith this morning as the train travels west along the Moray Firth towards Inverness, capital of the Highlands.
Lunch is served as the train heads towards Kyle of Lochalsh on what is arguably the most scenic railway route in the UK.
Disembark in picturesque Plockton. Take a boat trip to see wild seals or enjoy a dram and a traditional Highland welcome in the Plockton Hotel. Alternatively, visit Eilean Donan Castle, one of Scotland's most iconic sights, and learn how the castle was painstakingly restored to its former glory.
Spend the night on board in Kyle of Lochalsh. Dinner is formal, followed by coffee and liqueurs in the Observation Car.
Have cameras at the ready as you retrace the route north to Inverness, then south to Carrbridge where you disembark to explore romantic Ballindalloch Castle on beautiful Speyside.
Options at Ballindalloch include a private castle tour, 9 holes of golf on the castle's own course or an exclusive look at what is Scotland's only single estate distillery.
The night is spent on board at Boat of Garten on the private Strathspey Railway. After an informal dinner, our Highlander regales guests with tales and weaponry displays.
Travel by coach to Rothiemurchus Estate in the heart of the Cairngorms National Park, where fishing, clay pigeon shooting or a tour of the estate can be enjoyed.
Re-joining the train at Kingussie, lunch is served during the journey south to Dunkeld, where you disembark for a visit to Glamis Castle, childhood home of the late HM Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother.
Return to the train in Perth for a formal dinner and entertainment. Overnight stay on board in Dundee.
After breakfast the train heads south to Edinburgh where your journey ends.
DetailsContact us about this itinerary
- 11 April 2019 to 11 October 2019
- Four nights aboard the Belmond Royal Scotsman luxury train
- 24-hour steward service
- All meals aboard the train: full Scottish breakfast, three-course lunch, and four-course dinner including cheeseboard, coffee, tea and petits fours
- All beverages including alcoholic drinks
- A choice between a seal-watching boat trip or a visit to Eilean Donan Castle
- A trip to Ballindalloch Castle
- A visit to Rothiemurchus Estate with a choice of country pursuits
- A guided tour of Glamis Castle and gardens
- Traditional entertainment on board
- All en-suite cabins provide a cosy, indulgent space in which to relax and savour the glorious scenery.
- There are 15 twin, three double and four single State and interconnecting Cabins in our Sleeping Cars. All have a private bathroom with shower, washbasin and toilet, constant hot water, high-quality toiletries and fresh towels every day.
- Lined with rich marquetry, each has been designed to offer the ultimate in luxury travel. Facilities include lower beds, a dressing table, a full-length wardrobe, individually controlled heating, ceiling fans, opening windows and a cabin service call button.
- On each bed there is a foam pillow, a hypoallergenic duvet and quilted cotton bed covers. With the train stabled at night in a quiet siding or station, a good night's sleep is guaranteed.
- There are formal and informal dinners aboard the Belmond Royal Scotsman, usually on alternate nights.
- For formal dinners, we encourage a tuxedo or kilt for gentlemen and a cocktail dress or similar for ladies.
- For informal dinners, a jacket and tie is recommended.
- If you choose to hire a kilt, we recommend.
Charlotte Travel Exclusives
- USD100 flexible on board credit per person per journey
- VIP welcome treats with a local twist
- Welcome letter from the General Manager
- Complimentary upgrade based on availability at time of check-in
- A unique US$500 gift voucher loyalty programme when your client books a US$5,000* or more holiday with Belmond.